Saturday, August 16, 2014

Herding Demo



My friend asked me to do a herding demo for a group of kids at a horse camp. I was excited but nervous. The sheep don't actually live there, and the fencing is meant for horses- not sheep. lol. I had fears of sheep running amok through the horses, and on to the highway, or down the coulee. Thankfully none of that happened and it actually went pretty well!!

I used Leo mostly- Brit is better with kids but was a little wild. lol. Leo was good though- he didn't even notice the kids until he almost ran into them.

We used the kids as obstacles- first as panels, and then someone had the bright idea to get them all to stand in a row and weave through them... talk about tricky. lol.  Kids don't stand still ever. And don't listen. You can see in the photo the kids are actually petting the sheep.

In any case it was a lot of fun, and I could be convinced to do another!

No comments: